Digital Innovation Grants Available to Canadian Small and Medium Businesses
Are you thinking of ways to build your business in 2024? The Government of Canada wants to help develop and enhance your use of digital technology and is giving grants to do so. Dunham can make it happen.
The Government of Canada is giving micro-grants of up to $2,400 to Small and Medium sized businesses, to help them adopt digital technologies.
Eligible technologies must be directly tied to the sale of goods and services online, and include:
- Developing a new eCommerce website or add functionality to an existing site, such as online reservation/booking tools, ordering systems, electronic payments, and SEO
- Installing an eCommerce platform
- Hiring a consultant to help with digital marketing strategies for an eCommerce store that could include social media advertising
- Tracking and managing inventory and sales, marketing to customers, offering discounts, maintaining a loyalty program, or increasing cyber security
- Paying up to 20% of the total cost of hardware and software
The grants cannot be used for things like:
- Internet connectivity
- Purchases made prior to grant approval
- Signage and printing
- Logo redesign and rebranding
- Current employee salaries
If you are a registered for-profit business that sells goods and services directly to end consumers and have at least $30,00 in annual revenue or at least one employee, you can apply for this grant. Learn more about the Grow Your Business Online Grant
As part of the grant application, you will need to provide an estimate for work that you want the grant to cover. We welcome existing and new clients to contact us, so we can work with you to determine the best use of the grant money and then give you an estimate that you can submit.