Keeping your Network (and business) secure
When Dunham started working with the Internet in 1994, who would have thought that the issues of security would ever be so complex. Today we are concerned about the security of each and everyone of our clients – for good reason.
Denial of Service, Ransomware, Malware and more are an everyday part of the Internet. Most of us who just want to do honest business in the world are flabbergasted by the incredibly lack of integrity in those who make their lives about stealing from others. The fact of the matter is that they are out there and they are looking for any “hole” they can find to compromise any business small or large and to reap benefits from that compromise.
We can’t bury our heads in the sand on this, nor can we stop doing business in a world where business is conducted principally online. So what’s the answer.
First of all we have to acknowledge that cyber attacks are a very serious and real problem. If your “little” business is attacked remember it has happened to the biggest organizations in the world. Hospitals, Governments, Newspapers, Business small and large (remember that Home Depot was shut down a couple of years ago) are all subject to malicious intruders.
Secondly, there a few very important things that you can do:
- Most importantly is to educate yourself about how to avoid becoming a victim!
- Get a good backup system for your data.
- Develop a relationship with a professional team who can help you reduce the risks
So here is what we do at Dunham:
- Our web team stays on top of the latest and greatest tools to limit the possbility of attack. However, the tools we put in place today may not be effective tomorrow. Constant vigilance and maintenance is essential. A web presence is not a one time thing…it must be upgraded and maintained to be sure that your site is neither hacked nor becomes viral – as an agent of some malicious programmer.
- Our IT team is trained to make certain that your own internal network is secure. The data that you store is incredibly important to you, but also vulnerable to theft and attack. Our IT professionals understand the latest hardware and software solutions to protect your data and your network security. The theft of your corporate or personal identity is something that is very difficult to set right.
There is much more to say on this matter, but in summary we can say this. There is no sure-fire way of protected every network and every website from attack. However, there are ways and means which can greatly reduce the potential of such an attack. These are well worth your time and investment.
Call us anytime to discuss your web and internal security … it just may save you headaches and perhaps huge loss in business and reputation.